Folders for Focusing from Parenting My Kids can be used by children in many ways at home and in school.
1. Classroom Privacy Folders
Affordable, durable, and stable classroom privacy folders for use during teacher assessments and testing. Two dry erase boards inside each folder have so many uses!
2. Sibling Privacy Shields
At home, sibling work-stations reduce distractions and rivalries, induce calm, and foster independence and task completion.
3. Personal Work Station
A little privacy can help many children focus and concentrate by reducing distractions and creating a calm work space. Of special value for children with ADD or those on the autism spectrum.
4. Practice Folder
At home, parent involvement can drive our PRACTICE IS POWER philosophy. Have your child practice their arithmetic, printing, and spelling and then ask them to show you their work.
5. Language Therapy Tool
When integrated by SLP’s and teachers with tools like the Language Barrier Games from Super Duper, the dry erase boards inside Folders for Focusing are used to provide visual reminders on being a good listener and speaker.
6. Game or Drawing Folder
Have fun playing games! Useful on family road trips to play games together like tic-tac-toe, hangman, or word scramble.
7. Process Support Tool
Use Folders for Focusing to support process awareness and task completion through visual cues and instructions.
8. Learning to Plan and Manage Time
Help students see what is coming next. Add a clip-on timer to help drive timely task completion.
9. Simplify Directions for Special Needs Students
The two inside dry erase boards allow so much flexibility in use.
In review, Folders for Focusing help children improve their ability to:
- Pay Attention
- Follow Directions
- Manage Time
- These are some of the most important Executive Functioning Skills
Folders for Focusing are:
- Useful at home and in classrooms
- Used primarily by students from 4 – 10 years old
- Used also by older students on the autism spectrum, speech/language impaired, or with other special needs
- Able to help all students improve their Executive Functioning skills
Customers have said that Folders for Focusing are:
- Delightful – clever, colorful, and motivational
- Effective – can produce meaningful results with regular use
- Multi-functional – due in part to the two internal dry-erase boards
- Simple to use
Kids love them and are eager to use them!