Welcome To Parenting My Kids!
Ed and Nancy Ekis, Founders
We know of few joys greater than spending quality time with a child . . .
- having fun, laughing, and enjoying the wonders of life together
- helping them learn something new
- sharing in the joy of little victories
- encouraging them when they need a boost
- seeing their happiness when they finally learn to do something that is hard
- telling them our stories and lessons learned, and getting little nods of understanding and agreement (sometimes)
- simply delighting in the gift of being able to watch them grow.
Today, in our second adulthoods, we have committed ourselves to working hard at doing something worthwhile to help children become all that they can be. To that end, we are happy with and humbled by the positive responses we are getting from so many people about our company, website, and blog. Our name is Parenting My Kids and our first products are called Folders for Focusing. We have three primary purposes:
- Finding and sharing useful information to support parents, grandparents, educators, and other professionals who help children develop essential skills.
- Creating products that can help children develop habits and skills related to focus, paying attention, organization, planning, following directions, time management, and completing their work. These are often called Executive Functioning Skills and are so important to a child’s education and growth.
- Sharing your stories of action and success in helping kids be all that they can be.
Ed was born and raised in Ohio, educated at Ohio University, and is retired from Nalco Chemical Company and Silliker Inc. Nancy was raised in Vermont, also graduated from Ohio University, and is a nutritionist (retired). We married in 1970, live in Naperville, Illinois, and have three grown children, a son and daughter-in-law, and six grandchildren. That’s us in the picture below with our children, their spouses, and our grandchildren. They’re beautiful aren’t they, and we’re sure that yours are too!
Our dream is everlasting and we hope to be helpful to many, many families and educators near and far. Bless you for the good work that you do in bringing up and teaching your kids!
Ed and Nancy Ekis
We believe that every child . . .
- is a special gift who deserves the best care we can provide,
- is learning from birth (and even before),
- has a unique opportunity for some kind of greatness,
- should have real chances to be happy, healthy, and capable of someday leading a responsible and joyous life.
And we know that . . .
- parenting provides wondrous opportunities for joy as we see our children learn and grow,
- parenting requires real commitment and can sometimes be very difficult,
- none of us have all the answers
- we can learn from each other.