We know of few joys greater than spending high quality time with a child.
It’s important that we do these things because life in general seems just a little bit harder today. As parents, grandparents, and school volunteers, we know of many challenges being faced by parents, grandparents, teachers, and other professionals who are working hard to help kids develop the knowledge, habits, and skills they will need to succeed.
Having fun, laughing, and enjoying the wonders of life together. Helping them learn something new. Sharing in the joy of little victories.
Encouraging them when they need a boost. Seeing their happiness when they finally learn to do something that is hard.
Telling them our stories and lessons learned, and getting little nods of understanding and agreement. Simply delighting in the gift of being able to watch them grow.
We believe that every child …
- is a special gift who deserves the best care we can provide,
- is learning from birth (and even before),
- has a unique opportunity for some kind of greatness,
- should have real chances to be happy, healthy, and capable of someday leading a responsible and joyous life.
And we know that you do too!
- parenting provides wondrous opportunities for joy as we see our children learn and grow,
- parenting requires real commitment and can sometimes be very difficult,
- none of us have all the answers
- we can learn from each other.